Grégoire Devin, an up-and-coming French artist, brilliantly evokes mental, urban ideas through his paintings. While using street art as a base, Devin integrates concepts and styles that draw from the early facets of childhood art, his travels, and his interactions with street culture and graffiti.
As his paintings are almost a maze of his thoughts inspired by his travels, Devin’s compositions are busy and dense with collage and imagery, but not in an overwhelming way. At first glance, you may seem lost, as it’s hard to decipher Grégoire’s code of what these images and words or phrases are doing placed together on the same canvas. But being lost in Devin’s work is not a bad thing. It’s while lost in the labyrinth of ideas and depictions of urban life Devin displays for us, the viewer is able to become fully engulfed by his ideas, as his works ask us to rethink our relationship to the vast urban space around us.
- Paul Gost, NY Arts Magazine
- ART BEIJING 2013 - Beijing, China
- Galerie Loic Vallée - Nantes, France
- "They were, They are, They will" - Atlantic Gallery - New York, USA
- Galerie Art’ Et Miss - Paris, France
- Red Dot Art Fair - Miami, USA
- Montserrat Gallery - New York, USA
- Jaffa Port Exhibition Center - Tel Aviv, Israël
- "Get Lost" - Solo show - Nantes, France
- Galerie Art' Et Miss - Paris, France
- Museum of Contemporary Art - Hainan, China